2021 Regeneron International Science & Engineering Fair (ISEF) Judging
As the Society has recently announced to our affiliated fairs, the Regeneron International Science & Engineering Fair (ISEF) 2021 will be held as a virtual competition with judging and awards. Given the large global population that attends Regeneron ISEF, we do not anticipate that the world or nation will yet be in a place to convene safely in May 2021. Declaring a virtual event now allows the Society, our sponsors and our affiliated fairs to plan accordingly.
Some of the changes that we anticipate in this virtual environment:
- A category judging day will be divided into three 3-hour sessions with 8 periods each running from 8:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. ET with breaks between.
- Accepted judges will be asked to confirm their availability for 1, 2 or all 3 of the sessions; we are asking that most judges agree to serve two of the three sessions.
- Student abstracts and project materials will be available for judge access online in advance of the interviews.
- Video conferencing interviews will occur with two judges per interview as well as a finalist proctor/adult advocate and an interpreter, if needed.
- Judges will score using the familiar rubric and scoring process; judges will not be required to attend any caucusing process; this will be done as a separate process once all scores are in and verified.
ACESA does not have a link to the sponsor's event information.
This entry first activated
and has not yet expired.